Frequently Asked Questions

  • How can I stay at the Ronald McDonald House?

Contact the Beacon Children’s Hospital social worker or charge nurse for your child’s unit. If you qualify for RMHC’s overnight services, they will provide the referral form that is required when you come to register with us. Because each child’s treatment is unique, it is difficult to predict what room availability will be in the future, therefore we are unable to confirm room reservations for your stay prior to your arrival.

RMHC of Michiana offers rooms for families of pediatric patients 21 years old and younger. Families who qualify may stay as long as their child remains in active treatment at Beacon Children’s Hospital. Specific provisions are outlined in the Guest Handbook which is provided upon registration. There is no cost to families for utilizing our services.

  • How is RMHC Michiana funded?

Generous supporters like you help fund Ronald McDonald House Charities of Michiana. The majority of our programming funds come from individuals, organizations and businesses.

  • Does the money collected in the donation canisters at McDonald’s really come to RMHC Michiana?

It really does! There are about 50 stores in the local McDonald’s Co-op who help RMHC Michiana by providing canisters in their restaurants to collect change. Each year, the change we receive from the those canisters accounts for over 10% of our annual operating budget!

  • Who is eligible to stay at the Ronald McDonald House?

The families of children, from birth through 21 years of age who are being treated at Beacon Children’s Hospital are eligible. The patient is also eligible to stay with the family if he/she is being treated on an outpatient basis. Families of patients in the Special Care Obstetrics unit are also eligible for services.

  • How long do families usually stay at Ronald McDonald House?

Stays can be as short as one night or as long as several months, and sometimes extend to a year or more, depending on the child’s illness and treatment.

  • How can I support Ronald McDonald House Charities of Michiana?

You can support RMHC of Michiana in a number of ways. We could not operate Ronald McDonald Houses without donations from individuals and groups. Click Here to learn more about getting involved with RMHC of Michiana.

  • How can I give in honor of a loved one?

If you are looking to make a memorial or tribute gift, we have a specific giving form for those types of gifts. Simply mark down who the gift is in tribute of and whether or not anyone else should be notified of the gift so that we can process it appropriately.

  • What is the RMHC Michiana tax ID?

Our tax ID is 35-1831691 and our legal name is Ronald McDonald House Charities of Indiana-Michiana dba RMHC Michiana.