The Director of Development creates the strategic development plan and executes the tactical fundraising results for Ronald McDonald House Charities® of Michiana (“RMHC of Michiana”). This individual sets goals, achieves fundraising goals, monitors progress and adapts action plans to ensure that program objectives, operating requirements and fundraising goals are met and advancing the RMHC mission in a manner consistent with the strategic vision and core values of the charity. This individual is responsible for achieving all annual and operating revenue streams which allow RMHC of Michiana to achieve the organization’s mission and maximize impact in the communities served.
Reports to: President & CEO (“CEO”)
- Track record of directly cultivating and closing specific annual fundraising goal ($1 million per year minimum, plus $500,000 of in-kind contributions), achieving successful planning and execution of development strategies and the required communications to multiple stakeholders.
- Interaction with at least 50 community leaders per year via tours or corporate visits.
- Proven experience in developing and vetting donor database and setting realistic fundraising expectations for each donor based on relationships, donor aspirations, and prior giving performance.
- Develop a pipeline of donors and educate and engage donors in all cycles of move management and the various ways of giving to the organization. Oversee and confirm that gift acquisition, reacquisition, renewals and planned giving are being achieved.
- Identify and execute annual fundraising goals and relationships with donors, CEO and Chief Campaign Strategist for collaborative annual/endowment commitments. The Chief Campaign Strategist is separately responsible for achieving an additional $2 million endowment within three years.
- Plan and execute relevant fundraising events to engage, inform and commit donors to the RMHC community.
- Develop successful strategic partnerships with other nonprofits, corporations and individuals for cooperative fundraising efforts.
- Coordinate administrative and marketing functions required for successful fundraising with CEO and RMHC staff members as roles are designated.
- Participate in the annual budget process. Monitor annual budget for issues and growth opportunities throughout the year and address problem areas as they arise.
- Attend regularly scheduled Development meetings with the Chief Campaign Strategist and CEO to strategize, establish short and long-term goals, discuss priorities, and present progress.
- Pursue opportunities for professional development as needed including organizations that will benefit RMHC of Michiana.
- Maintain positive relationship with guests, staff, vendors, Beacon Health Systems, Ronald McDonald Houses, volunteers, McDonald’s and other persons associated with Ronald McDonald House, treating everyone with respect and sensitivity.
- Attend and participate in staff meetings and operations team meetings. Cooperate with other staff concerning House staff coverage during vacations and holidays.
- Execute other responsibilities as requested by the CEO.