The Event Coordinator assists in organizing and coordinating all events and their fundraising activities for The Ronald McDonald House® Charities of Michiana (“RMHC Michiana”). The Event Coordinator supports the Director of Sponsorships & Events by strategizing, planning, and executing events to meet or exceed goals. The Event Coordinator is responsible for all functions of fundraising event efforts and will also support the team with marketing and communications tasks as requested. The Event Coordinator will interact and collaborate with the RMHC Michiana staff and volunteers to provide support and assistance in the fulfillment of goals and objectives.
Director of Sponsorships & Events
Assist in the planning, preparation, and implementation of RMHC Michiana’s held and 3rd Party Fundraising events including, but not limited to, McDazzle Featuring Kilts for Kids, Dimples Golf Fore the House, and Mardi Gras Masquerade, to meet or exceed budget expectations.
- Utilize and create resources that will provide the best guest experience at RMHC Michiana’s events.
- Initiate and secure new sources of vendors and in-kind donations associated with each event.
- Support Event committee by creating agendas, attending, participating, and taking minutes.
- Attend and support third-party events, when needed.
- Represent RMHC Michiana at events and external fundraising activities as needed.
- Ensure timely entry of pre and post event details into the charity’s donor database, fundraising and communications software.
- Report on and evaluate event fundraising activities.
- Assist team with media relations efforts and implement strategies to facilitate coverage of events, activities, and general awareness.
- Provide information on events to the Director of Marketing for the newsletter, social media posts, annual report, and other public relations efforts.
- Coordinate and create agendas and notices of all special event committee meetings including the creation and timely distribution of meeting minutes.
- Monitor and adhere to annual budget for event related activities to reach or exceed annual goals.
- Assure that all special event, fundraising and marketing related activities and records are consistent with global standards, board policy and comply with applicable state and federal laws.
- Nights and weekends required for events and/or operational needs as necessary.
- Perform other duties related to RMHC Michiana business as assigned.
- Minimum of a bachelor’s degree or four years of related experience.
- Minimum one year of proven event coordination or related field such as communications, public relations, marketing, sales, or another related field. Nonprofit experience is preferred.
- Excellent interpersonal and written communication skills.
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to handle multiple tasks and meet deadlines.
- Computer proficiency, including familiarity with all MS Office products and database management.
Compassion, Communication; Interpersonal/team effectiveness; Dependable; Problem-solving and decision-making; Able to manage multiple tasks and direct constituents simultaneously; Able to form and grow strong relationships with volunteers, families, vendors, and community organizations.
- Pursue opportunities for professional development as needed including organizations that will benefit RMHC Michiana.
- Maintain positive relationship with guests, staff, vendors, Beacon Health System, Ronald McDonald Houses, volunteers, McDonald’s, and other persons associated with Ronald McDonald House, treating everyone with respect and sensitivity.
- Attend and participate in staff meetings and operations team meetings. Cooperate with other staff concerning House staff coverage during vacations and holidays.
- Execute other responsibilities as requested.